Monday, October 1, 2007

Birthday Celebrations!

So our last night in Beijing we were supposed to go out to celebrate my birthday but that wasn't possible because of the big hospital visit and unknown illness. I had a week to rest after China, and Saturday night we planned to go out for my birthday, which was Sunday. Me, Si and a bunch of teachers from my work went to Mexican for dinner which was so good! It was almost comparable to Mexican in the US. Everyone had margaritas, and they gave me a huge sombrero to wear while everyone sang happy birthday. Si bought a cake, and we did the whole cake and presents thing.

Earlier in the day, Si gave me my big present. He got me a kitten that is absolutely adorable! She is from a vet office who finds homes for animals, and I named her Juice. He also got me all the goodies to go with her, like litter box, food, toys etc. I've never had a cat or been much of a cat person, but we are gone too much to have a dog, and I think Juice has already captured my heart! He also got me a perfume set that smells so good! My other friends got me a gift certificate to a spa, so I spent the day Sunday, my actual birthday, in the spa getting pampered. I had a manicure, pedicure and foot sugar scrub, eyebrow wax and haircut/style. No complaints there! It was so relaxing and a perfect way to spend my birthday! I have so many good friends here and they all make Korea all the more wonderful!

After dinner we all went out to one of our favorite bars, called Monkey Beach. They play western music (mostly rap and hip hop), and there are a variety of both Americans and Koreans. Everyone bought me a Monkey Beach t-shirt which is perfect! I couldn't have wished for a better day!

Thanks to everyone who sent birthday wishes...I loved all of the emails and cards and packages etc. I'll put pics of my birthday celebrations up as soon as possible!

No comments: